Over the Road Truck Driver (Flatbed, Wideload)
- Ability to inspect vehicles for mechanical issues and perform safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Before truck drivers take their vehicle on the road, the first vital task is doing a thorough vehicle inspection.
- Truck drivers should inspect the fluid level, tire pressure, brakes, lights, turn signals, windshield wiper and ensure that proper safety equipments are on board. The driver should make certain that the back portion is loaded properly and secured before running the truck. The side mirrors of the truck should be adjusted properly so as to ensure proper visibility.
- Drivers, as implemented by US Department of Transportation (DOT), maintain a running log which records their day-to-day tasks, any accidents encountered as well as the condition of the vehicles.
- The truck driver should be familiar in using technology, can drive for long periods in long distances along with the ability to help with loading and unloading materials that he transports.
- Qualifications/ Experience
- 2 years flatbed experience required and experience with oversize loads preferred.
- Verifiable truck driving experience.
- Current CDL and Medical Card.
- Ability to drive long hours when required.
- Knowledge of truck driving rules and regulations.
- Cardinal Scale Mfg. Co offers a competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, paid holidays, and a matching 401k plan.