Electronics/Production Test Technician
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be proficient in the use of test equipment to include:
- Laboratory level DC power supply
- Multi-meter, mixed-signal oscilloscope, and other electronic test equipment
- PCB (enclosure units) test equipment to a level which promotes troubleshooting as an integrated system representing the end product
- Interpretation and implementation of test procedures
- Must be proficient manufacturing techniques, such as:
- High Value Soldering (solder and de-solder) via iron and hot air
- SMT (Surface Mount Technology) to include safety, control, software, machine setup, and basic operation of alignment
- Must be proficient in installation and repair of electronic equipment
- Proficient in reading schematic diagrams and troubleshooting via logical progression of data flow
- Must be proficient in the use of test software, such as, HyperTerminal, Portal, & Edimax
- Must design boards while maintaining respect for empirical data relating to PCB (Printed Circuit Board) failures
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of complex microprocessors or microcontrollers through analog component level functions
- Maintain inventory while completing work orders
- Mindfulness toward reducing and eliminating scrap.
*1. Technical Capacity.
2. Problem Solving/Analysis.
3. Decision Making.
4. Learning Orientation.
5. Teamwork Orientation
6. Time Management.
*This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
*While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
*Full Time Position / Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7am to 3:30, or 40 hours per week. Employee will occasionally work 10hr days (5am to 3:30pm) and Saturdays. Overtime is only necessary when production schedules demand it.
*No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
*Preferred Education and Experience
*High School Diploma.
- Associate’s degree Electronics, or two years’ electrical/schematic/soldering experience.
- Training or experience in computer applications.
- Reflow centers for surface mount technology including BGA packages
- Embedded system hardware repair to the component level
- Programming/testing embedded system hardware
*Additional Eligibility Qualifications
*Knowledge of C++ Embedded programming.
*Work Authorization/Security Clearance
*Must be eligible to work in the United States
*Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position offers an attractive benefits package including group Medical Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Life Insurance, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, paid holidays, and many other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.86 to $15.00 /hour