CAD Drafter (Solid Works)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Creates CAD models and drawings for engineering projects.
2. Designs or alters existing design of products under the direction on an engineer.
3. Develops bills of materials and enters them into the MRP system.
4. Creates ECOs for products
5. Works closely with Industrial Engineers to make products easily manufactural.
6. Supports plant personnel during product launches and as necessary.
7. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis, and Thoroughness
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Occasionally, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and trip hazards. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is moderately active and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, climbing and stepping on or over 2ft high objects all day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Periodically some additional hours may be required.
No overnight travel is anticipated.
Required Education and Experience
1. Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting
2. Three years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
3. 2D CAD drafting experience as well as 3D modeling experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
US citizenship. Must be eligible to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position offers an attractive benefits package including group Medical Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Life Insurance, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, paid holidays, and many other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.86 /hour