Punch Press Operator (2nd shift) 3:30pm - 12:00am
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Set-up and operation of computer numerically controlled brake used to bend, notch, punch, form rolls, arc, or straighten metal plates or sheet metal.
2. Set-up and operation of brake press or other machines to support the operation.
Movement and positioning of work pieces into machine either manually or with the hoist.
3. Selects feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, and tooling to be used.
4. Verification that finished work is in conformance, and may machine plastics or non-metal products on occasion.
5. Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
6. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
7. Performs inspection of machined products, and documents results, and completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
8. Assists in other work areas to perform fabrication, lay-up, infiltration, and may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
1. Technical Capacity
2. Initiative & Safety Conscious
3. Mathematical Skills
4. Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Protective Equipment Required
1. Safety glasses
2. Steel-toed shoes
3. Respirator or face-shield when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Two (2) years of factory/manufacturing experience with Brake Press or similar equipment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States
Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position offers an attractive benefits package including group Medical Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Life Insurance, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, paid holidays, and many other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.86 - $14.17 per hour